POLEX TV is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
POLEX TV may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/1/2021.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process personal information about you electronically using the following lawful base/s.
- Lawful basis: Contract
The reason we use this basis: In order to provide a service to you, or respond to an enquiry we need to collect some personal information about you, your name, email address, address, telephone number and ID number.
We process your information in the following ways: This personal information is used to provide you with the information or service you have requested from us.
Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
The reason we use this basis: To provide security for our own website and to make a purchase from our website you must supply us with your personal information, name, address, email address, telephone number and ID number. We process your information in the following ways:
– Your IP address may appear in security logs for a brief period.
– In order to provide a service to you and complete your purchase we must process your information.
Data retention period: Security logs – when the file size reaches 500k and is deleted. Purchase – your personal information must be kept on file for legal business reasons for no longer than 6 years.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, email address telephone number, address, and ID number.
- Information about your computer or device including IP address, location, type of browser, and operating system.
- Tracking information about your visit and use of the website, pages visited, length of visit, referral source.
- Information needed to create an account or make a purchase on the website including, postcode, address, username, email address, ID number.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- If you contact us by email you will provide us with your name and email address. We cannot respond to your enquiry without this information. We do not collect this information on our website and ask that when you email us you do not give us any personal information that we do not explicitly ask for.
- You may need to provide us with your location, address, telephone number, and ID number if you purchase a product or service from our website. This information is mandatory as without it we cannot provide you with our service.
- IP Address and browser information can be used to help keep our website secure and prevent fraud. It is possible that this information may be logged temporarily.
- Your visit to the website may be tracked to provide us with usage statistics, but no information is retained that can be personally identifiable.
Third parties that may use your data
- We use Google analytics on this website to track visitor information. This includes your IP address, location, browser type, device type, and length of visit. All IP addresses are anonymized (partially deleted) and cannot be personally identifiable to you. So your information is safe and secure.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
How long is this data kept
- Personal information that we collect in order to provide you with a service, e.g. to answer an enquiry, provide a service, is kept for as long as is necessary to provide this service, or for as long as the contract between us is valid.
- Personal information provided to us for purchases has to be kept for legal reasons for accounting purposes.
- Any tracking data is stored anonymously and deleted after 14 months.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website has an SSL certificate installed and is served encrypted over https. Any data sent to us over this connection is secure.
The security plugins in use on this website prevents spam robots and hackers from overloading the website or gaining unauthorised entry. It is possible that on occasion your IP address and browser information may be logged by this system.
The plugins used on this website for this purpose are:
WP Cerber: Your visit will be logged. These logs are kept for 30 days and then deleted. There is no reason for this personal information to be processed or tracked back to you. More information about WP Cerbers GDPR compliance can be found here: https://wpcerber.com/delete-personal-data/
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The cookies in use on this website are:
- Three cookies for google analytics tracking, the first is a persistant cookie (remains in your browser when you leave the website), the second two are session cookies (are deleted a short time after you leave the website):
_ga : Used to distinguish users. Stores the ClientID, a unique and randomly generated string, so that the user can be associated on future visits, the date of first visit and version of GA cookie. Expires in 2 years.
_gat : Throttles the number of requests a user does to Google Analytics’s servers. Expires in 1 minute.
_gt : Stores the ClientID. Expires in 24 hours.Any personally identifiable information such as your IP address, is masked (anonymized) before it is sent to google.
- WP Cerber our security plugin will generate a random number of between 2 to 6 cookies that are added to your browser. These cookies contain random alphanumeric characters and no personal data is used. They allow the security plugin to distinguish between logged-in and logged-out visitors, robots and spammers. These cookies begin with the prefix px_ and last for the duration of your visit. You can find out more about these cookies here.
- There is also a cookie to store your cookie preferences for one month once you accept or opt-out of the tracking cookies:
cookie_notice_accepted : stores your cookie preference for tracking cookies, stays in your browser for one month before expiring, this means you won’t need to click the choice button on subsequent visits to the website.
- Our shop uses the following essential cookies in order to complete your purchase in the store:
woocommerce_cart_hash : Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes. Expires on exit.
woocommerce_items_in_cart : Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes. Expires on exit.
wp_woocommerce_session_ : Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. Lasts for two days.
woocommerce_recently_viewed : Powers the Recent Viewed Products widget. Expires on exit.
store_notice[notice id] : Allows customers to dismiss the Store Notice. Expires on exit.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you email us take care about what personal information you are providing to us.
- You can ask us at any time to remove any personal information we hold about you, apart from information we must legally retain for example, purchases. Please email your request to email@example.com
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection legislation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- If you have an account through our website you can check the information we have about you by logging in to your account and visiting your profile page. Here you can change anything that is incorrect or delete anything you don’t want us to retain.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.